Sunday, February 28, 2016

Chicken Alferdo (418)

The other day I made dinner... What? I know. Buy hey, I did a good job. Go Megs! Lets back it up a little bit, I made something that was like a frozen bag full of stuff that you cook on the stove and then you can add stuff to it (I can not think of the name of it). Which was Chicken Alferdo, and I love Chicken Alferdo so I was happy to make it (two thumbs up). It was really easy and only took a few minutes to make. And it was really tasty.
So in the bag, it had broccoli, chicken, and the sauce. Chicken Alferdo normally has fettuccini with it, I made it separately. It doesn't come with the pasta but I highly recommend making some as does the bag.
Like I said before, it is really simple to make. You just dump the contents of the bag on the stove and heat it up. For the noodles all you have to do it boil water, once boiling add the desired amount of noodles and keep them in the water until they are no longer crunchy. Once they cook, drain the noodles and then add them to the chicken mix (once that had finished cooking). Then just heat that up together and stir it around so that everything is covered and then serve. We made garlic bread to eat with it but you can make whatever you want to go with it.
I really enjoyed making this. It was so easy, especially for a full night with softball. It was quick and I could get out the door and still have an excellent meal. I made this while watching 90210, it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a pro chef. It tasted like Olive Garden's which is my favorite, I always get it. Now you can get a little taste of heaven without going in to OG and have a great meal any day of the week.
We got our mixture at Sam's Club. I'm sure you can find it anywhere, maybe not the same exact brand, but I never told you the brand I used, mostly because I don't remember what it was, and I'm too lazy to get off the couch to go look (I'm in the zone, I got to finish this). I highly, highly recommend picking up a bag and trying it out for yourself. You will not regret it and it will definitely be a fan favorite. Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment