Saturday, February 20, 2016

A little bit of a rant, for confusion! (433)

Lately I been on a health kick. I say this loosely but I have been eating a lot more fruits and veggies. on Twitter I follow an account called Life Pro Fitness, I highly recommended checking them out. This past week they posted about how fatten foods are cheaper than healthy fruits. There was another post saying people will spend five dollars on a Starbucks drink but second guess when it comes to buying fruit. I sit her writing this eating a sandwich and Fritos (healthy I know). But I look on the packaging the ham I used, we paid seven dollars for a pound and a half, but we got the Fritos on a super buy for 99 cents. Today we went to Sam's Club and bought all of this delicious fruit. My big bag of frozen fruit I buy cost around ten dollars. And the blackberries were around five dollars (granted there were a lot). Why to be so much. That's why there are so many obese people in the world. They don't want to pay for the overpriced apples, bananas, etc. Maybe if they were priced just a little bit lower people would considered buying it. And even when going out to eat, a burger and fries are always a few significant dollars cheaper than a salad. Why? Back to the Starbucks scenario. All them white girls spend five dollars on a Frappuccino but not when it comes to something healthy and nutritious. Starbucks are sugar and calorie filled drinks. Why not a delicious fruit. Fruit is so good for you because they take more energy to digest and burn than the calories that they contain. Michelle Obama has done wonders to the schools food. But what about transforming other areas of food. Can't we bring down the prices of food that will make people look and feel good about themselves. Eating healthy and working out are the key. But sometimes its hard to and people don't want to spend the money when you can buy five of something that may be a little more appealing like Fritos. Why can't we have cheap deals with special kinds of fruit, or healthy cereals, or frozen yogurt. But we load out sales with high calorie addicting snacks that you don't want to put down. Honestly for me I don't want to eat and eat fruit because it was so expensive. Don't get me wrong I love the taste and want to use them all up. So lets all grab something healthy and delicious and snack on that inside of the potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment