Thursday, February 4, 2016

Mellow Mushroom (470)

Are you a pizza fanatic?  I mean who doesn't love pizza. The perfect sauce, the perfect toppings, cooked to perfection. Are you really human if you don't love pizza? Pizza is a perfect example of how you can express yourself in the kitchen. You can add and take away whatever you want. Just think of the endless combinations that people come up with. And with all the different types, it means that you can try so many different kinds. I feel like pizza is a universal item that everyone can relate to. And the taste and availability is out of this world.

A while ago I went to Coralville with my sister and brother-in-law. We were going to watch Pitch Perfect 2 and wanted food beforehand, so of course we had pizza. My sister told us about this restaurant that she had heard of, with crazy pizza types and fun décor around the entire restaurant. She also said something about pretzels and how "you never know what shape you're going to get." I mean I stopped listening after the word pizza, because it's PIZZA. So I mean when she said pretzels I was already sold. So Mellow Mushroom we went.

If you want to check out their menu, click here  <----- do it, you won't regret it

So of course we got pretzels. I believe we got garlic butter and parmesan, with a side of red sauce and butter and kosher salt. I just remember them being really thin, and therefore they were really well done. They were fresh just a little done. I feel like if we went back and tried them again they would be ten times better. It's also really cool because they have a visible kitchen so you can see the cooks rolling out all the dough and making the pizza and pretzels. Also all the ovens they have to cook it.
We also obviously ordered a pizza. We got the Thai Dye. What's the Thai Dye you ask? Olive oil and garlic base, all natural grilled curry chicken, mozzarella cheese, Roma tomatoes, onions. Topped with fresh basil, cucumbers and a sweet swirl of Thai chili sauce. Seriously, go check out their menu. The names are amazing and you will definitely find something (or a couple that you want to try). I normally just get deluxe pizzas so that night I branched out with the Thai Dye. I do not regret it one bit, it was so good. I don't remember a lot of details of it, all I know is that it was really good and it was a gigantic pizza.

I highly recommend the Mellow Mushroom. It was so cool and really good. It is definitely an experience. With the really cool décor and really neat atmosphere with "chillness" of the servers and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment