Thursday, February 18, 2016

Texas Sheet Cake (420)

Click here for recipe. Have fun and enjoy!

Sunday was Valentine's Day, and I didn't get to spend the day with my boyfriend, and spent the day reading a book that needed to be finished. Cookie Cake is one of my favorite treats, I always ask for them for my birthday. Sometimes my parents are kind and get one for Valentine's Day but they didn't this year, which is sad. However we decided to make something, I just I justify it as being made with love (it was Valentine's Day of course). We were searching through recipes and my mom said to make these. So I did and I don't have any regrets. "Texas Sheet Cake is the perfect combination of brownies and chocolate cake."

Making this cake is really simple. Items that you most likely already have on hand. The usual items in baking: flour, sugar, salt, cocoa, etc. I really recommend following the directions very closely because this is the type of cake that can be a like bitchy and need exact measurements and directions. Trust me, everything will be find, just refer to the instructions. The recipe calls for buttermilk, which is something I don't have and we didn't use it. We found other recipes that had sour milk in them, so we used sour milk because you can make that from just regular milk. Making sour milk is really easy and there are options on how to make them, I used vinegar. Click here for instructions. Upon further research I found that buttermilk and sour milk are the same thing! so use that recipe and it will be perfecto. I recommend that you put the frosting on when both the frosting and cake are warm.
 
After our dinner of lasagna we were stuffed so we had our tasting after. So while watching 27 Dresses, which is my favorite. I had a piece of it and DAMN it was good. I put ice cream over it and it was still a little warm so it melted it. YUMMMM! I also had chocolate chip ice cream with it which doesn't change a lot, just more chocolate. I haven't been eating a lot of these this week, not because they aren't good, but because I've been on a health kick, so these fun-filled chocolate delightful calorie filled treats aren't really calling to me. Fruit and running have been though.
 
I hope you stay tuned to my next post, with is about fruit and a little bit of a rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment