Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Emils Hideaway (411)

Last night was girls night out. More or else. My mom, sister, and I went out for dinner. We ended up going to Emils Hideaway. Emils is a local restaurant in Cedar Rapids. I highly recommend trying out there food. This was my second time there, and I absolutely love it. It is a bar so they serve bar food, but it is the best bar food I have ever had. We went on a Tuesday night so it was not very busy and was more of a restaurant atmosphere. I believe the previous time I went it was a Friday or Saturday, so it was absolutely packed and felt like you were in a bar. The name is not deceiving, it really is hidden. But its not impossible to find. It is also really cool inside, they have pool tables and really cool chairs, and designs. They also have a really open floor plan which is really nice. The bathrooms are labeled "chicks" and "dudes" which is really funny and really cute.
We were pretty boring with our drinks, just having water (but hey, the water was good). We decided to have an appetizer, so we went with fried pickles. I LOVE FRIED PICKLES. I don't have them too much so this was definitely a treat. They absolutely have the best fried pickles of anywhere hands down. No one even comes close to how good these are. I could not stop eating them, my sister could not stop eating them, and my mom who doesn't really enjoy fried pickles really liked them. And they came out super quick after we ordered them. For the main dish, I order the pork tenderloin and fries. Of course I got the breaded, and it comes with pickles, onions, and lettuce on it and then I put ketchup on. They are a really good size which of course size matters when talking about tenderloins. I give them two thumbs up, I was dedicated to finishing it. SO FREAKING GOOD! The fries were really good too, there fries and I enjoyed them, not much to say. My sister got the thai chicken pizza and my mom the cuben. Both said they were really good.
We had really good service, and it was really fun to eat greasy bar food on a Tuesday night. I highly, highly recommend checking them out. You can not go wrong with the food, everything on the menu is super delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment