Sunday, February 7, 2016

German Chocolate Cake (262)

So today is Super Bowl Sunday, and all I did food wise was bake a cake. No fun foods that scream football comfort foods. Go Broncos! But I'm not super into football so I'm cool with just doing homework during it and waiting for the halftime show for BeyoncĂ©! We bought a bunch of cake mixes a while ago when they were really cheap at a store.  My mom said that there was a bunch of them so I was like I'll make one. So I made a German Chocolate mix! 'cause I'm that lazy girl and don't feel like making it from scratch. So I followed all the directions, and I was really nervous that it was going to be too runny but it was perfect when all was said and done. So the cake mix itself is more like a not as chocolaty mix. What makes a German Chocolate Cake, it the icing, it has coconut and pecans. I opened it while it was still baking and I was like this smells like play dough. But don't worry it doesn't taste like it. I used the Betty Crocker mix and I really like it. The cake is super moist and delightful. My goal is to eat healthy this week, but a piece of cake will be in my lunch.
Fun Facts:
-German Chocolate Cake isn't even German!
-June 11th is National German Chocolate Cake Day in America!
-German Chocolate Cake was created in America by Samuel German!
-I'm going to go eat a piece of cake for how amazing that half time show was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment