Monday, February 1, 2016

Hurts Donut (256)

This past Saturday I was in Iowa City with my sister and brother-in-law. They went to the Brrr-Fest and I had to drive them down there. Afterward we were all hungry, so my sister suggested going to Hurts Donut's, for a snack/breakfast the next day. This place is really cool, and it took me a minute to get why its is called what its called. As soon as you walk in the door, so are hit with the smell of donuts. And it looks really cool in there. We ordered the "dirty dozen" where you got to pick any 12 donuts for $15. Keep in mind that these donuts are specialty donuts that have lots of toppings that are necessarily "normal" flavors. They don't have a menu, depending what time you go, you have a chance to get flavors that they rotate between. We got a bunch of really fun ones, like Cocoa Puffs, and one names "Jesus," also a German Chocolate. There are definitely stuff for everyone here. I tried one the day we got them, which was one of the Jesus's we got. I really liked it, it was fresh and to me tasted like an apple cider donut, which is my favorite. The next, I went over to my sisters house and had breakfast eating the donuts. Well the next day they were really stale and was not very good at all. I would recommend eating when they are fresh, but maybe Hurts Donuts could invest in better boxes to keep them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment