Monday, April 25, 2016

Oreo Milkshake (359)

http://apumpkinandaprincess.com/2014/05/double-chocolate-oreo-milkshake.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+APumpkinAndAPrincess+(A+Pumpkin+And+A+Princess)
Maybe this week, should be called Oreo Week since I keep using Oreos. I'm not complaining about it, I loved them. I was really hungry for ice cream this week and was so tempted to stop at an ice cream shop and give in to the temptation. So I quenched my craving with the delicious DIY milkshake. Cue the song "Milkshake" and Melissa McCarthy's dancing from Identity Thief.
The recipe calls it double chocolate, but I'd rather have it as just an Oreo Milkshake and take out the chocolate chips that were added. I used a hand mixer and it did not want to chop up the chocolate into sip-able pieces, which caused them to get stuck in the straw, which is just a pain. I also added like an entire ice cream container because it was so liquidly. Using the hand mixer was honestly really difficult but I made it work. It says that your suppose to take some crumbled Oreos and milk and freeze them, just skip this step because it is unneeded. It just created a bigger mess for more than it's worth. Especially if it isn't about presentation, and just trying to quickly make this for an afterschool snack. So I placed the crumbled Oreos on the top, with an entire Oreo just to take a picture, to show you guys and make it look all fancy. Also, the ice cream I used in this was severely freezer burnt, but it did not effect the taste one bit.
I really enjoy this, especially since is tasted just like an Oreo Blizzard from Diary Queen which is my favorite thing to get. This was really easy and quick to make and definitely a pick me up after a day at school. Definitely a really cute idea for a family night or movie night, something where you have a little fun and splurge on your food ideas. Its really cute if you have the glasses that Steak-n-Shake have that are chilled and so perfect for milkshakes. I was in love with this drink and sad when it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment