Monday, April 18, 2016

Chicken Salad (358)

Most mornings I have a total of five minutes to make my lunch, because who actually wants to eat cafeteria food, and make/eat my breakfast before running out the door to grab the last parking space. Rather than eating my normal turkey sandwich which gets a little boring and hard to eat after a while. So the other day, I was looking in my pantry and refrigerator and the perfect elements to turn my lunch hour into something a little more exciting.
For this recipe you will need:
-canned chicken breast
-green onions (chopped)
-mayonnaise
Whenever I make this, I just dump in the ingredients and just eye ball it rather than using exact measurements. If you're feeling a little extra daring you can add a little garlic to the mix, just make sure to add a scant amount at a time or you might need some gum. Also when making this the canned chicken needs to be drained and pulled apart, rather than just one big piece of chicken. Add the chicken to the bowl and sprinkle the green onions to your taste on top. Then add a scoop of mayonnaise to your liking and stir all together. Pick up a bit and have yourself a little taste tests and make sure it is superb.
To serve, you can either eat it in a tortilla or on bread, like a chicken sandwich which too is good. If you're making it like a sandwich, I find that it's better on the tortilla, personally. This time I used club crackers and made it like a dip to eat. I like being able to scoop it up, and find it better that way. This meal added a little color to my lunch this week and I found it quicker to make than a sandwich, I also really hate making sandwiches, but I definitely really enjoyed this and all my friends were asking me what I was really. This meal, strikes me as unique and sometime a little different than just a normal sandwich that everyone else also eats. This will definitely be my go-to meal for lunch this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment