Monday, April 11, 2016

Cheesy Party Burgers (403)

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/cheesy-party-burgers-aka-diamond-burgers.html
 The Cubs have just started and off to a great start. GO CUBS GO. AM I RIGHT! I'm always right so go cubbies. In my house if I'm not playing somewhere we are watching some sporting event on TV. Who doesn't love game day styled foods and appetizers for dinner. Last Sunday was nachos and this week was burgers, if this doesn't scream Sunday sports day then I don't know what does. This aren't your regular burgers but are different the perfect thing to try on lazy days.
Imagine me for a second, walking up and down the isles of the grocery stores by myself, sprinting to get in and out as fast I possibly can, I get to the bread isle and just pick something. I found this Sliders buns with I thought would work perfectly since they are about half the size of regular hamburger buns. In the recipe they said to use dinner rolls, but I was in such a hurry that day I just grabbed those and they worked. My philosophy is bread is bread, they both work. Also I didn't add mustard powder because we don't own any, and we didn't feel the need to go out and buy some. The burgers were still delicious without! Instead of adding tomatoes with green chilies, I just added tomatoes without since I'm favorite food isn't green chilies. Another scenario, you're out for dinner and you order a burger, bacon or not. Who doesn't love bacon, so I deiced to add it since it was a loaded burger recipe. Since there are five people living in my house right now, I decided to make two pounds of beef rather than one just so we would all be filled up to watch football or the Cubs. The glaze that is drizzled on top, is the most delightful thing I have ever tasted. That doubtlessly transformed the burgers into something spectacular.
This recipe was so good, and something different that is definitely going to be made again. Don't expect to pick it up and eat, you will have to use a fork. It almost is like a sloppy Joe but I was still impressed.  It was so quick and easy, I could quickly get back to the game that was on and kept updated with the score. This recipe left everyone reaching for more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment