Monday, April 25, 2016

Chocolate Chex Mix (458)

http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/03/better-than-sex-chex-mix/
For the sack of my blog, I decided to change the name of this recipe, but none of the less it is the best thing I have ever tasted. This is such a nice snack to make for game day, movie night, or even holidays. I found this to be super easy and so good, but as a warning it is super messy. I found this to be some what of a comfort as November is now starting and Fall is full on. My family and I just kept eating it and eating it, even with a delicious dinner my sister made. But I kind of changed this recipe a little bit and did what I want, so onto the recipe.
For starters, the next time I go on a cereal craze for breakfast I will be eating Chocolate Chex Cereal. On the original website, it said that it was difficult to find, I found mine super easy at my local grocery store. After placing that in a separate bowl. Mixing and melting all the butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and baking soda pour that over the Chex Mix. At this point the directions are a little foggy, and had to figure some of the recipe on my own. You are suppose to then put it into the microwave for 3 minutes, but I totally forget before spreading it onto a cookie sheet. So I kept going and it didn't really effect anything, well not that I know of. The next bit of ingredients said to add peanut butter cups, which I did have some left over, and miniature marshmallows. I didn't add this just because of personal favorite tastes. But I did add a cup of caramel, rather than a half a cup, just because I love caramel. It did say to add a little bit of heavy cream with it, but I didn't have any so I just added a splash of milk that I stirred it with. I did lick the spoon full of leftover batter I stirred with and it was so tasty. Then I just melt a lot of white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips to drizzle on top. Again, I totally forgot to sprinkle the salt on top, which would give it a salty/sweet taste, but I still enjoyed it. Then I just put it in the fridge for around 2-3 hours, and then everyone devoured it.
I found this a really cute idea, it was so good and fairly easy to make. I think this is such a good idea around the holidays, and I most likely will be making it for family functions coming up in the nearing holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment