Monday, April 11, 2016

Chocolate Chip Danish (519)

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-danish/b113dc9e-ab73-48fe-a614-c1c71785e504


The other day I took procrastinating to a whole new level, I decide to bake rather than doing my AP U.S. History homework. I was looking at Pinterest and found the Chocolate Chip Danish, I thought it looked good and easy to make. As my mom said "anything with chocolate chips in it has to be good." Most of the ingredients that the recipe calls for is found in most homes, I only needed to get two items we didn't have, crescent rolls and cream cheese. So I jumped in my car and took a trip to Hy-Vee. This recipe is also super cost effective, I only spent four dollars on the two items I needed, and total it would cost no more than ten dollars and found it was totally worth it.

While making this wonderful creation, I found out some helpful hints that could change the outcome. For starters, the pan I had was a smaller pan than what was mentioned to use. When laying the dough out it was really hard to create a smooth surface, meaning that where the dough was pre-cut it started to tear and come apart. When making this recipe I recommend using a rolling pin or something similar in nature that can create a smoother surface to work with. When looking at the recipe I neglected to see that the cream cheese should be sitting out and at room temperature. This created a little agitation but I figured it out and just put it in the microwave for thirty seconds to melt it. Using an entire block of cream cheese, I found to be a little much. If you want to cut a few calories, I would suggest only use four to six ounces rather than all eight. So don't panic if, like me, you need to make it in a hurry and don't have time to let it sit for a while. The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, but if like me, and who doesn't like chocolate, I recommend doubling that and adding 1/2 cup on top of the cream cheese that you spread on. Last helpful hint, is cooking time. The recipe says cook 20-22 minutes, I set a timer for twenty-one minutes and made sure to keep an eye on it. I took the Danish out of the oven with three minutes to go, much more than that it would've burnt, and no one wants a burnt dessert.

Finally you get to eat this delightful creation. Before cutting, I would take a spatula and make sure the bottom isn't stuck to the pan. The recipe mentions that its best served the day it was made, so I put that to the test. The night I made it, it was warm and chocolaty. The next morning, I warmed it up it the toaster oven. I found it to taste more like a croissant in the morning. The six family members I fed this experiment to all really enjoyed it. It's quick, it's easy, and it's cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment