Sunday, November 15, 2015

Why food?

At the beginning of the school year we were forced in blogging for a grade, every single week, 1200 words. This can be challenging most of the time when you don't have time to make something or you just don't want to and procrastinate. For my blog I wanted to make something that I could keep interest in and keep doing all year long. It was between sports and food. Both have their ups and downs, so I picked food. I found it a great opportunity to make some different creations that my family has never seen before and to expand my cooking skills.
Cooking relaxes me, and gives me something to look forward to. Cooking also helps me become a better me and helps learn to overcome certain situations. When something failed and went wrong, even though I'm so frustrated, I overcome it and find a solution to the madness. And when something really good turns out, I look forward to feeding my family and sometimes friend was I just made. It isn't half bad eating it later, too and knowing just how good that thing is.
This is also teaches me to time manage and plan out what I'm going to make, when I'm going to make it, and what stuff I need to make it. This is really good for me since I want to be a student-athlete in college, I need to know exactly when my workouts and practices are to schedule when to do my homework. This is also good, to show dependence. For example, if I'm making a meal then my family is counting on me to cook. Not only just cook, I also need to do my homework and do softball drills all in a small window of time frame.
Food is something that everyone comes in contact with, and SHOULD COME IN CONTACT WITH! Everyone eats, and there are millions of recipes waiting to be made and experimented with. I want to be one of those people to try something new, something unique.
I love being able to create and change something about a recipe. Just because it says to do something doesn't mean I need to follow what it is telling me to do. Especially in cooking. Its fun to just be able to sprinkle on as much garlic as I want, because that's what I want my end result to taste like. Not only is this a school project, but its a project for me to challenge myself into being a great person and a great cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment