Sunday, November 22, 2015

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

We all have those foods that just scream Home Sweet Home. We all have those recipes that we just beg our mothers to make, whether that meal is super easy or super challenging. At my house we normally don't eat chicken pot pie on a daily basis. Or even that often, but when we do I savor it and love every little piece of it. However, it is so easy but so good. Especially the homemade version's, store bought is okay, but is just bound to get burnt, and it takes so damn long to make. And I prefer the taste of the homemade pies better, who's with me? me akjsd jfkawjekflajsldjflkajsl;ejfkjalsdkjflajs dlkfj ajsdlfj aljsdflajsld;jfl;akjsdlfjalsjdfljaslk fjlasdfjls;dfj l;sdj flk;akjsdl;kfj l;ajksdl;fjkl;asjdfljk asdj
Like I said, this is so easy, it is also really versatile, so get ready to add or take away the veggies and ingredients that you love. For us, we love adding potatoes, carrots, chicken, peas, and cream of chicken soup. lk;ak;sdkf aksd;'fk;'slkd;fka ;skdf; adsl;fk;aksd;kfl;aks;'dlkf;'aks;d'kf;'aksdf;lks;a
So here's what you do: cut up 4 potatoes and 6(large) carrots
Boil: 2 cooked Chicken Breasts-cooked, 1 cup frozen peas, 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
Mix together well and cover with a tube of crescent rolls and then cover with foil and bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
asdlkf;aksd;fk;aklsd kd;lfa sd;lfjaksdljfiaksjdl kj alksdjf alsdjkflajsldf kjd jlkj lajkdslfjla sdjfka df
I did say it was pretty simple, did I kept my promise? My sister actually made this for us the other day, expect she added broccoli and mushrooms, and a lot of pepper, like a lot of pepper, like way to much pepper. But it was still really delicious, just I'm not as big of a fan of pepper as she and her husband are. It was still a home cooked meal, that left me wanting more and more.
But isn't that what home cooked meals are supposed to do, leave people feeling satisfied and grateful for the loving family that they get to be apart of. Aren't they suppose to leave you feeling comforted and warm and  I guess you could say inspired. asdkfjalksjdlfj ka sjk k k k dfkajsd kajsldfj l;akjsdljfk
Especially now that we are getting closer and closer to the holidays, its all about family. T-minus 4 days until Thanksgiving, and super good comforting food. Its all about being with your family, and eating good food, that makes you feel grateful and at home. And that should be what the holidays are all about, and sometimes the true meanings of holidays get lost through gifts and shopping and all that fancy stuff. me e e e e e e ee  ee e e e e e e e e e  ee e  e e ei ii iajd ojfk j j j j k koo oo oo o
Don't overlook everything your family does, and makes. So make sure you say Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment