Sunday, November 1, 2015

Strawberry Dole Whip

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/04/23/strawberry-dole-whip-recipe/
Have you ever been to Disney? Magic Kingdom? Have you ever have the original dole whip? The last time I was there, I planned on getting one after strategic Pinterest planning. It is probably the healthiest food item in the park, so I had to make a version of it myself. Rather than Pineapple, which isn't my favorite fruit, this recipe used Strawberries. In the summers especially, I love smoothies, my favorites being strawberry/banana versions. Nothing better. This is such a yummy, healthy, easy treat to make as an evening snack.
In my freezer we have had a 24 oz container of strawberries for years, and I finally found a way to use them. Again, since I have no patience and I neglected to thaw out the strawberries, I put them in the microwave for a little bit. I also ended up using 3 cups rather than 2 cups, just to use them up and because it was too difficult to divide. We only had regular milk so I just used that. I'm not big into the "new and improved" different milks, which all these great nutrients. Milk is milk so just use what you want to use. I just used regular sugar, again use the sweetener you use and love on a daily basis. Love it and use it. While, the recipe says to use lemon juice, I didn't have any on hand so I couldn't use it, and I felt that it was just fine without it. Then I just put a dash of salt, and then mixed it up with a hand mixer.
I failed to read that to create the swirl, to freeze it for a few minutes before serving it. I tried the bag method even though it was a little soft and it slightly created the well know swirl. My mom and I ate it and we both we in love. It was so tasty and you could eat it without feeling the need to watch your calories. I felt that the similarity between a smoothie and this was too much the same to be called something different from it. I still really enjoyed it and I will be making this again in the near future.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment