Sunday, November 1, 2015

Rolo Cheescake Bars

http://hugsandcookiesxoxo.com/2012/05/rolo-cheesecake-barsinsanely-delish.html
Warning: most delicious dessert you will eat
Chocolate and caramel fans, these are for you. Rolo cookies are to die for good, and these are no exception. To me this recipe look for difficult, but just break it down and it will be a lot easier to handle than if you don't. The presentation on these are beautiful and so cute and a perfect dessert for spending quality time with family, during the holidays.
I would recommend using a 9x13 pan like is says, mine was currently in use with my dinner so I had to use a 9x14, I had enough ingredients to cover it so that would be sparsely covered. I only had a package of graham crackers that wasn't quite 3 cups but it still worked out. Then melt in butter and sugar and pressed into your pan. Then bake that and let it cool. Something I definitely need to work on is my patience, please let it cool before placing next layer on. I was also working against time, since the oven was needed for dinner for the night. I placed my cream cheese layer, eggs (which I just realized I forgot to add), sugar, flour, and Rolos. Luckily the forgetting of eggs didn't effect the total outcome of the recipe, I was in a hurry to get everything done. Finally the last layer is chocolate chips and butter. Honestly this is a super buttery dessert, but who doesn't love butter (and garlic too). Then let it sit overnight before diving into it.
TO CUT YOU WILL NEED A BIG KNIFE. This was so tasty and fairly simple that I thought it was so good. A lot of calories but its worth the splurge. I love Rolos, so I loved these and could not step away from the pan. I wanted them all. My family was really impressed with them and loved them too. Next week, I'm thinking more healthy than chocolate on chocolate desserts. Even if they just call my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment