Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Ruebens (404)

Since St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow 1) you better be wearing your green and 2) that means that corned beef and cabbage/sauerkraut are totally hot right now. Instead of telling you all about my corned beef and cabbage dinner, how about telling you about a sandwich you can make using those ingredients. Buckle up because it is going to be one crazy ride.

You need: corned beef lunch meat, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island Dressing, soft rye bread. You will need to heat it, you can either use a toaster, stove, or a Panini press.
Start by putting everything on the bread. I recommend putting the dressing on first then the bread, then the cheese, then the meat, then the sauerkraut.
I used a Panini press, and found that it worked out really well. Make sure to the put butter on the outer part of the bread so it toasts it and creates a really delicious golden brown bread. I like to manipulate the heat a lot so that the bread toasts and the cheese melts perfectly. I can't really explain what to do so I challenge you to play around with it. Just heat it until the cheese is melted and it looks great.

In the two times I had this sandwich this week one was for lunch and one was for dinner. For lunch I paired it with Sun Chips and fruit. Then for dinner I paired it with a soup and salad, however I didn't eat the soup.

It is fairly painless to make and I really love my Panini press, everything I have made with it always taste the bomb dot com. This is no exception. I'm not a huge sauerkraut fan, I still ate it but if its something that you want to veto do it. I was really skeptical about eating it, but it was so good, I have no regrets. It's so easy to make and really, really good. Differently added into my arsenal for foods to make. I challenge you all to make this. Get creative with it and have loads of fun. Doing all these blogs have me really hungry, maybe I'll have a Rueben. Maybe this just gave you an idea to make one. You will not be disappointed, tell me what you pair with it. Did you like it? What would you change to this recipe? Any tips or tricks for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment