Thursday, March 31, 2016

I attempt meal prep... (463)

The mornings are really hard for me, are they easy for anyone? I don't want to get out of my bed and the most of the time I always get ready really slowly so I am always running late. The day I picked to do this was not even a bad day for me. I was up and ready in a reasonable time. Today however, I woke up like an hour before my first alarm went off. I had thirty minutes to get ready, eat breakfast, and make a lunch. I'm still to school on time and with enough time to write and "relax."
The day I choose to have meals already done was Wednesday. Tuesday afternoon, I decided that I was going to make my breakfast and lunch for the next day. I was really nervous about making a smoothie ahead of time and making a sandwich ahead of time. I knew that the smoothie would be completely frozen and I was okay with that but the sandwich, which could get soggy and nasty while in the refrigerator overnight.

So I started with a smoothie. I put a lot of blueberries in, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Then put some frozen fruit in it, and some regular strawberries (not frozen), and a banana. I woke up the next morning and had to put it in the microwave for around 90 seconds. I kept it in there for 30 seconds at a time and then judge from there. It was still really frozen, so I didn't finish it but I guess I have a smoothie for later. The biggest reason I wanted to make it the night before was because of the noise of the blender. Why does it have to be so loud? I will probably just stick to my afternoon smoothies.

I also made my lunch for the next day. I really hate making sandwiches. But I knocked it out the night before so I didn't have to do it the next morning. The sandwich I am loving right now, it a pork loin sandwich, a Cuben just not toasted. So I got my bread, put on the Dijon mustard, Swiss cheese, the Pork Loin and finally pickles. Like I said I didn't know how the mustard and pickles would do with the bread. They turned out fine, so I was really happy with my sandwich. I also put Sun Chips, and a Lara Bar in my lunch bag and put the entire bag into the fridge. Took it out the next day and went along my way. Everything tasted great.

I really liked getting up and really only having to focus on getting ready. I will definitely be going this is the near, near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment