Sunday, December 6, 2015

Thanksgiving Favorite Part 2

For my second gathering with my family, which was held at my aunts house this year, was just as good, if not better than the one on Thursday. I got to see family, that live far away and some that live close by. But I got to meet my new baby cousin who is just the cutest little thing ever. And yet again we had delicious food. With some similarities, there are so differences.

Of course we had turkey on top of turkey. And loads and loads of mashed potatoes. And piles and piles of corns. Lots of food none of the less. And there are a few things that this side of my family makes that is special to them. My cousin makes homemade stuffing, which is apparently my grandma's favorite. I like it but boxed stuffing is my favorite. My aunt (one of many) makes this delicious pea salad. It consists of cheese, eggs, mayonnaise, and peas. I really like it but it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Someone also makes a fruit salad, with apples, and grapes, and other delicious fruits. I love it.

This year must not have been the year for turkeys, while making my aunt and uncle were sleeping they started it in the middle of the night. They had a pan liner, and put the turkey inside and started it. They failed to put water in the pan and the liner melted and they woke up to thick smoke in their house. NOT GOOD! So they had to go out at 6 am to get a new turkey. I didn't know exactly what happened, but it smelled like something had burned when we walked in. It was bad. But the new turkey was really good. *clap, clap*

Its really fun to say goodbyes, and say see you in a few weeks for Christmas. I love my family. I had a great Thanksgiving and can't wait until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment