Monday, December 14, 2015

A Christmas Tradition (334)

Every year my family and I go to the Amana Colonies for a pre-Christmas tradition. We have not missed a year of their delicious food, it is the perfect touch to get in the Christmas mood. My parents grab everyone that wants to come. We take my grandma, my aunts, my brothers and his kids, everyone. And it is such a great time.
The Ox Yoke Inn, is literally the cutest restaurant ever. The Amana Colonies is a German area of Iowa, and I love going there. Way upstairs they had a stuffed bear (like it was living) and a stuffed moose. And it has bunches of steins.
This restaurant is a family style. Everyone at my table normally gets the chicken, they have the best chicken ever. And lots of sides to go with it. You start with coleslaw and the best cottage cheese you'll ever find. There is also bread that they bring out, and the have the best strawberry jam ever. They actually sell their jam, it is so good. My aunt always buys it, every single year. They then bring out your chicken and more sides. They have mashes potatoes, corn, green beans, gravy, and sauerkraut (it is a German restaurant). All of their food is so good. They just kept bringing more and more out. That might annoy your waiter, but just leave a good tip. You definitely will get what you pay for. If you live around that part of Iowa or you are willing to make a drive, go to this place you will not regret it. We always go there for all types of family functions year round.
This town is also the cutest area ever too. They have shops all lined up. You can go and buy all kinds of knit-knacks, wine, ice cream, candles, and furniture. When I was in elementary school, we took field trips to the Amana Colonies and toured around.
You can't go wrong, when you go to the Amana Colonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment