Monday, December 14, 2015

Panini's (468)

This Black Friday we scored a deal in the food making department, if you want to call it that. While we were at Kohl's this interesting box caught my eye. A family I used to baby sit for had one of these, and I would always use it when they want a grilled cheese. I really liked it because of how easy it was to use. So I convinced my parents to buy it, because with a mail in rebate it was only 10 dollars. So we put it in our cart and bought.
I decided to make a sandwich one night when my mom told me we were having leftovers, for the 8th night in a row, slight exaggeration but I don't like leftovers. So I just made a sandwich, also putting what I like on it and stuck in there. Slammed the lid down, and waited. Not really knowing what to expect, it was so good. So the other night my mom and I made them again, while my dad was at a softball meeting. And I'm going to take you along with me. And there are pictures, who doesn't love pictures.
So first things first, you got to heat up your press. Start by warming it up to the highest heat and close the lid. Then start making your sandwich, you can do whatever kind of meat you enjoy the most, or follow recipes to come up with your perfect sandwich. My favorite type of meat is turkey, so I made a turkey sandwich, but my mom made a roast beef sandwich. Apparently that night we had a lot of options to chose from. And my favorite type of cheese is muenster cheese. I could probably have an entire blog dedicated to that cheese and how good it is. I also put mayo had my bread, if you aren't a big mayo fan, put on butter or whatever your heart desires, its your sandwich so have some fun with it. So then I folded by sandwich (is that the right terminology). I put the two halves together and stuck it in the machine. This next part can't really be optioned out. You'll need butter both rights of the bread that will touch the grill. This ensures that it won't stick. Then just close the press and be an eye on when your cheese is melted, and when your bread it the perfect color.
I really enjoy these, and am really glad we picked one up while they were so cheap. It's differently really nice to have around and its a lot easier to just press down a handle rather than having the constantly be flipped your sandwich over a stove. Whatever creation you come up with while using these device, you'll be sure to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment