Sunday, October 18, 2015

Garlic and Herb Chicken

http://thefrugalgirls.com/2015/01/crockpot-garlic-herb-whole-chicken-recipe.html
With my busy nights filled with practice, lessons, and homework. My one free night, well actually I had a lesson later, I used that to cook. And whenever I help out and cook my mom loves it, since she doesn't have to. Some of my favorites to cook are desserts and appetizers, but that night I wanted to make an entire dinner. I'm proud of myself, I can call that an accomplishment. During my drive back from Chicago the weekend prior, I found the Garlic and Herb Whole Chicken, I figure since I like chicken and garlic why not give this a chance. I found it to be really easy and a nice opportunity to use some of the chicken, freezing in the jam-packed freezer.
For starters I used two pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts rather than a whole chicken. This alters how you put marinate the spices into the chicken, but I thought it worked out. After you place the chicken in the crockpot (unfrozen) cut the lemon into fourths and squeeze onto the lemon. Just be careful of the seeds that might come out, just try your best to take them out, but they aren't going to change anything about your chicken. Also rather than using the specific spice they used, I found a spice called Montreal Chicken which had everything that the other spice had. I put the chicken on low when I left for school, and around four p.m. I turned it off and kept the chicken for warmth, so it wouldn't dry out. For reference, on high cook for four hours, on low cook for eight hours. Perfect for school and work days.
Since I was making an entire meal out of them, I had to come up with sides to this delightful entrée. Most meals at my house, we eat with side salads, so I made salads. We also eat a lot of meals with rice or pasta packets, so I made a chicken and broccoli rice packet which only take twenty minutes to make. I also made canned corn, which we haven't had in forever. And I love corn, I'm from the Midwest so stereotype confirmed. This all paired with the moist chicken was amazing. You could taste the lemon and garlic in the chicken which I really liked. It was a different taste that I really enjoyed.
I would really recommend this chicken to anyone. It's really easy to make and you can just take a breather and have it cook all day while you're at work and then there it is for you when you come home. I normally don't use lemon, but it was so cook I'm going to look for more lemon infused recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment