Sunday, October 11, 2015

Breakfast of the Champs


For a weekend full of softball games four/five hours away. I depend on a good breakfast to get me going in the morning on the days I'm playing from 9 am to midnight. I love having a big breakfast of all my favorite things. Cue the song from The Sound of Music. I enjoy the start of my day of foods that you thought you could only get at a restaurant. I just have the best mom who gives me the fuel to power through my games. As they say "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

I did a little research and according to Johns Hopkins breakfast is important because of the energy and nutrients that are provided, higher concentration, and maintaining a healthy body weight. The importance of breakfast is outstanding, that’s why I love my big family breakfasts on the weekend before an outing of softball. My mom always makes me eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast. And finishing with a glass or two of orange juice. Now I just have to say the cliché, full and focused but the protein that is packed in these foods is outstanding. So eat them!

Now with a lot of my tournaments and weekends of ball being far enough away, where I have to spend at least one night in a hotel, I have to eat the free breakfast the hotel provides. Some hotels you luck out and get something tasty, other hotels you only have a few options. This weekend, I was lucky and the hotel had these really delicious eggs with cheese stuffed inside, sausage, and oatmeal as well as pastries and cereals. And course I always to straight to the waffle machine, just because I never get to have waffles or pancakes at home. But most hotels you don't have a lot of options that have a lot of protein in them. The pancakes only have 2.2 grams of protein compared to eggs that have 6 grams. Whenever I eat waffles, they normally fill me up so I don't want to eat an egg or a meat with it, but I always get hungry a few short hours after consumption. So do hotels really provide you with the right foods to keep you full and focused, I personally don't believe so.

I love breakfast, even though most mornings it's a grab and go type of meal but I know I'm still going to be full until lunch at noon. I know the population is mostly split on who eats breakfast and who doesn't. But truly eat breakfast and be the champion of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment