Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cinnamon Twists with Cream Cheese Frosting

http://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/2014/07/09/super-easy-cinnamon-twists-cream-cheese-frosting.html#_a5y_p=3464500
Slowly, but surely I'm starting to get back into the swing of things for school. So I decided to get up thirty minutes early just to make a breakfast, I'm a trooper. And it's starting to get colder and colder out and fall is finally in the air. Personally, cinnamon screams fall spice, and of course every other time of year too. I also really love cinnamon rolls, but run into the struggle of never having a can of them the house. And one Sunday afternoon I received a Pinterest message from my sister saying "make these plz" so I made them and ate a bunch. The cinnamon roll twists are so easy, so quick, and so good.
Considering that there are five people living in my house right now, so I made two packets of breadstick dough. For your information, cans of breadstick dough are very unique, I had to go to two stores just to find them, but luckily Hy-Vee had them. The picture that on the recipe, makes the twists look super easy, and flawless. Honestly, I was trying to hurry just to still get to school on time. Since I had two packages of dough, I used two of the breadsticks, folded them in half then in half again and then twisted them together. This helped them all fit onto one cookie sheet and to help them be more condensed. More likely than not, you will need to melt more butter but that is quick and easy to be done. Also after I was completely done rolling the dough I took the rest of my cinnamon and sugar and placed a little bit on the top of the twists. Something I really like about this recipe is that is only takes around 10 minutes in the oven which I love for school mornings. The frosting is super easy too, and rather than using it as a dipping sauce, I just drizzled it on top of the twist.
I ate two before school, they were warm and soft, and so delicious. There was one left over so I ate that as an afterschool pick-me-up. Even though it was room temperature it was still the best thing I have ever tasted. I loved these. As my sister and brother-in-law said, "Taste is 10/10 and presentation is 11/10." They even told me to quote that in my blog that's just how much they enjoyed them.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love all of your pictures. It really increases the image I have of the food and is super fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love all of your pictures. It really increases the image I have of the food and is super fun

    ReplyDelete