Thursday, October 1, 2015

Funfetti Gooey Bars

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/07/funfetti-gooey-bars/
Scrolling through Pinterest is one of my favorite things to do on a daily basis. I always find really creative recipes that strike me as delicious and yummy treats. While surfing on there the other day, I found the Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars that just spoke to me as a goody I had to make. My family would be really excited when they saw that I had made yet another dessert to share with them.
The recipe claims that these bars are the best, gooey bars that are out there. I found that to be true, however these bars were my first ever to make, so I have no way to judge if they truly are THE BEST! They are very, very gooey. I find that they taste a lot like Cake Pops which have similar characteristics. So eat with caution as you dive in the pan, as they come out of the oven.
For the ingredients, there just a few and I had most of them somewhere around my house. The recipe calls for one yellow cake mix and sprinkles, rather than mixing those two elements together, I just used a confetti cake mix, that I had prior to making these sweets. In my house, we don't own a 9x9 pan, so I used the smallest pan I could find locate. I suggest using a more petite pan, because when pouring in the cake mix it won't cover the entire pan. Which is what I ran into, so I had to make a second batch of dough to be placed on top proceeding the layer of chocolate chips sprinkled in-between the two layers of cake.
When the timer finally sang its song and they were completely done baking, I attempted to take the bars out of the pan and put them in a separate container, but they crumbled apart. The reason for this is just because they are undeniably soft so grab a fork or spoon and shovel it into your mouth. Have a little faith that your taste buds will be dancing.  






2 comments:

  1. I really love how you described the process and you made it yourself. It's always easier to explain once you actually do it yourself. I also thought adding the pictures of your own results was a clever idea. It gives the readers an idea what it's actually suppose to look like! Great post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you posted pictures in the process of making these treats. You explained in great detail how to make them, which is very helpful. They look very good and I'm going to try and make them! Overall, I thought this post was very good!

    ReplyDelete