Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Lost Cuban~Cedar Rapids (404)

Last Friday, after the last bubble had been filled in on a test, I went downtown Cedar Rapids and tried The Lost Cuban. My sister and I went out for lunch. She always drags me to the coolest restaurants and I cannot complain because they always turn out to have the best food.

The Lost Cuban is owned by a Cuban owner and opened in 2012. It has the best Cuban sandwiches, the best salsa, the best everything. They do have weird hours, so if you decide to try it double check that it is open. Some days they have ribs, which I have heard to be really good. I tried the Cuban sandwich. I already eat them on the daily, but I can't stop talking about this place and how they are. They are served with rice and black beans. But this restaurant does not compare to anything. The rice and beans are so good, they taste nothing like I have had anywhere. Whether that's another restaurant or when I was in Mexico (I do realize that Mexico and Cuba are not the same thing, but isn't rice, rice and black beans,black beans). The sandwich itself was so amazing too. Cuban's included pork loin, Dijon mustard, pickles, and Swiss cheese. Something unique to The Lost Cuban is the fact they use Cuban bread. I didn't even realize that Cuban bread was a thing. But it is so good. The Lost Cuban was founded because of the owner couldn't find something that was similar to his Cuban heritage. In the entire town of Cedar Rapids he couldn't find Cuban bread anywhere and had his mom send him bread to him. It is then toasted and served. Don't forget to grab there homemade salsa and dip your sandwich in it, which is so good and tastes really sweet.

If your in Cedar Rapids and want to step out of your comfort zone I highly recommend trying it. In my house, we buy a lot of pork lion and I take those for lunch. I love it even when its not toasted and on regular wheat bread. I can not say it enough of how much I love this place. You walk it and order and then they bring it to your table. The colors inside the restaurant put you in a good mood. They do have alcoholic beverages, so they are partly a bar too.























No comments:

Post a Comment