Sunday, January 24, 2016

Olive Garden-trying new things (414)

Olive Garden is nothing new for my family and I. Nothing compares to there warm breadsticks and loaded salad. I had just finished finals and celebrated with Olive Garden. I love Olive Garden, I could try to make some delicious Italian but its not going to turn out like in the restaurant. Since I was finally done with finals and trying to relax. I ordered a dessert which is something I never do. And of course I'll share the other things I got as well.

So some things never change. I always get salad and breadsticks because you can't. That is real reason to go to Olive Garden. We go through basket after basket of bread, bowl after bowl of salad. And end up taking a lot of it home. Why wouldn't you? For my entrĂ©e, like normal, I got Chicken Alfredo. It is so good, so creamy and the chicken is so tender. The broccoli is on point, with the perfect crunch. I found a "Olive Garden Copy Cat" recipe if you would like to try it out.  http://www.copykat.com/2013/09/29/olive-garden-grilled-chicken-and-alfredo-sauce/ I will have to try it and see if it is the "real deal." I can never finish all of the pasta that comes. Its the never ending bowl, you definitely get your bang for your buck. But they make great leftovers and had them the next day for lunch.

But I ordered the Zeppoli, which is described on the Olive Garden website: "soft, traditional Italian doughnuts dusted with powdered sugar, served with chocolate sauce for dipping." These are so good! so good! I was so impressed. The taste like donuts and I could not put these down. I would say they are more like bathing in powdered sugar, rather than dusting. The amount of the sugar left on the plate was enough for a cake. And they chocolate sauce, amazing! When I finished them, I may have eaten the sauce. Shhh! I just finished finals. So I took about 5 of them home because I was already so stuffed. I ate a couple in the car and the rest in the morning for breakfast. They are still delicious cold. I could not get over how good they taste and how good the smell was. It left the car smelling so good. #newairfreshener.

So the next time you are at Olive Garden, save room for desserts and try the Zeppoli. They will not disappoint, however they may make you want to eat them all.
 
End your meal with fresh hot Zeppoli at Olive Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment